- more detail behind the aspirations,
- specific performance measurement criteria and
- independent oversight by a body such as the National Audit Office.
HMRC’s Charter sets out the standard of behaviour and values that HMRC aspires to when interacting with customers (taxpayers).
The consultation addresses the proposed changes to the HMRC Charter, including whether the draft wording sets the right standards for HMRC customer service and whether it covers the areas that are most important to taxpayers. It also addresses how HMRC should monitor its performance against the Charter.
The ICAEW’s view is that the accessible format of the draft should be retained, but should be backed up with more detail on how the aspirations translate into actions with specific measurement criteria against each action.
The ICAEW also calls for HMRC to be held more accountable for its
performance against the Charter, perhaps through independent review by a
body such as the National Audit Office.
Tax does have to be taxing.
Tax Investigation Insurance
Having a Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance policy at your disposal means that should you be one of the many 1000's of businesses or individuals that are selected by HMRC each year to look into your tax affairs your own accountant (your tax return agent) can get on and defend you robustly.
You have the peace of mind knowing that your accountant's (your tax return agent) fees will be paid by the insurance without any Excess for you to find.
Tax Investigation Insurance is an insurance policy that will fully reimburse your accountants (your tax return agent) fees up to £100,000 if you are subject to enquiry by or dispute with HMRC.
A Solar Protect policy will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to:
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position robustly
- Premiums are Annual Premiums.
- Premiums are inclusive of 12% IPT.
- Premiums and IPT are due in full in advance / at commencement of scheme.
- There is a NIL excess on all policies.
Please click here for details.
HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"