As per Tax Journal:
"HMRC aspires to fully digitise the UK tax system. As the number of digitised taxes expands, there is increased scope for the use of artificial intelligence by HMRC. Finance Act 2020 legislates retrospectively for HMRC to use artificial intelligence to carry out its functions.
Whilst HMRC has said this is simply putting its existing accepted practice beyond doubt, it is likely to reflect HMRC’s intention to increase its use of automation.
The non-exhaustive list of functions that HMRC may carry out ‘using a computer or otherwise’ suggests at a potentially very broad utilisation of technology which may not always be in the taxpayer’s favour."
There will be tears before bedtime!
Tax does have to be taxing.
Tax Investigation Insurance
Having a Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance policy at your disposal means that should you be one of the many 1000's of businesses or individuals that are selected by HMRC each year to look into your tax affairs your own accountant (your tax return agent) can get on and defend you robustly.
You have the peace of mind knowing that your accountant's (your tax return agent) fees will be paid by the insurance without any Excess for you to find.
Tax Investigation Insurance is an insurance policy that will fully reimburse your accountants (your tax return agent) fees up to £100,000 if you are subject to enquiry by or dispute with HMRC.
A Solar Protect policy will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to:
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position robustly
- Premiums are Annual Premiums.
- Premiums are inclusive of 12% IPT.
- Premiums and IPT are due in full in advance / at commencement of scheme.
- There is a NIL excess on all policies.
Please click here for details.
HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"