If you have experienced any of the following please do let them know:
- HMRC has sent you information about other people's tax credit claims.
- HMRC has sent information about you to the wrong address.
- You have requested information from them under the Data Protection Act and you did not receive all the information, or didn't receive it within the 40 day time limit, or the recordings of the phone calls necessary to prove your case where missing or unavailable.
- You have received your Data Protection information but the packaging has been so poor that the information has been clearly visible, or the packet has even been taped together by the post office.
- There have been problems with previous joint claims, you're now separated, and HMRC are saying that due to Data Protection laws they can't give you information supplied by your ex-partner even though the overpayment relates to the time when you were still a couple and claiming jointly.
- HMRC's debt recovery department has discussed your personal details with neighbours, or has made enquiries to your neighbours about your family circumstances without your knowledge.
- Any other horror stories regarding information going astray, going missing, being shared with other people, etc.
Tax does have to be taxing.
HMRC Is Shite (http://www.blogger.com/www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain http://www.hmrconline.com/, is brought to you by http://www.kenfrost.com/ "The Living Brand"