HMRC is looking to hire hundreds of advisers to help businesses deal with red tape when moving goods from Great Britain to Northern Ireland after Brexit.
Job adverts for “customs and trade advisers” call for candidates with at least two years’ experience in global trade who are prepared to work from home for a salary of £20,000 to £25,000. The ads say that a laptop and training will be provided.
Here is a link to one such job advert, for the home based role.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Deal effectively with inbound enquiries, provide timely, accurate and guidance on trader registration and declaration submissions
- Effectively refer members and customers to a wider Trade team and other parties as required
- Gathering data on EORI numbers, VAT numbers and commodity codes to tailor further engagement
- Checking of all relevant customs and trade documentation
- Data Administration and validation
- Accurately complete and submit of customs declarations using simplified, summary, and standard procedures
- Delivering service in line with HMRC standards
- Liaising and effectively communicating with other Government agencies such as HMRC as and when required
- Supporting other team members by sharing best practice
- Effectively recording of customer & partner interactions on CRM and any other relevant processes as required
Staff will work for the Trader Support Service (TSS), set up by HMRC, and run by Fujitsu and the Custom Clearance Consortium. The Times reports that the TSS has a budget of £200M and staff requirement of 800.
Tax does have to be taxing.
Tax Investigation Insurance
Having a Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance policy at your disposal means that should you be one of the many 1000's of businesses or individuals that are selected by HMRC each year to look into your tax affairs your own accountant (your tax return agent) can get on and defend you robustly.
You have the peace of mind knowing that your accountant's (your tax return agent) fees will be paid by the insurance without any Excess for you to find.
Tax Investigation Insurance is an insurance policy that will fully reimburse your accountants (your tax return agent) fees up to £100,000 if you are subject to enquiry by or dispute with HMRC.
A Solar Protect policy will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to:
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will
enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position
HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"