As is now sadly the norm, Wednesday's Budget (or rather the Treasury/Chancellor's office) is proving to be more leaky than a sieve.
I am old enough to remember the days when Budgets were cloaked in the veil of purdah, and that anyone who even hinted at leaking details would be lynched.
Now, even the Chancellor happily drops hints to the media in the days leading up to the Budget.
As per the Guardian:
Osborne is expected to use Wednesday’s budget to:
- raise money through a series of stealth taxes including a significant increase in insurance premium tax that will hit motorists, homeowners and tourists
- crack down on a tax avoidance loophole that allows television stars to be paid “off the books”
- save £1.2bn by reforming personal independence payments to the detriment of over 600,000 disabled people
- raise the personal allowance rate at which people start paying tax by £300, bringing it closer to the £12,500 target by 2020
- raise the amount at which people are drawn into the 40p tax rate
- provide incentives to build new market towns and “garden suburbs”
- up to £2,000 in tax allowances for people who sell goods online or rent their home out for some extra money
Tax does have to be taxing.
Professional Cover Against the Threat of Costly TAX and VAT Investigations
Insurance to protect you against the cost of enquiry or dispute with HMRC is available from several sources including Solar Tax Investigation Insurance.
Ken Frost has negotiated a 10% discount on any polices that may suit your needs.
However, neither Ken Frost nor HMRCISSHITE either endorses or recommends their services.
What is Solar Tax Investigation Insurance?
Solar Tax Investigation Insurance is a tax-fee protection service that will pay up to £75,000 towards your accountant's fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs full enquiry or dispute.
To find out more, please use this link Solar Tax Investigation Insurance
HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"