Thursday 4 October 2012

Query From A Loyal Reader

A loyal reader sent me the following query today, regarding a disagreement that he is having with HMRC over the validity or otherwise of an EC VAT number.

Any thoughts comments on what he should do would be most welcome.

Thanks.

"HMRC told me I was using the wrong EC VAT no.

They complained about an EC VAT no of a German client whose VAT ID they couldn't identify. 


So I checked at least 4 times: No mistake on my site.

I contacted my client and told him that maybe presented the wrong no. 


NO! 

He has only this one and he furnished proof by producing the VAT no. assignment letter from the German tax authority.

Despite having brought this to HMRC's attention, they still state that I am using wrong EC VAT no. and threaten me with a penalty for not correcting the ECSL! 


How should I correct something that isn't wrong at all??????

So I find myself at present a little bit lost in this kind of "logic" as I don't know were I went wrong!

 Any advice is much appreciated!"

Tax does have to be taxing.



Professional Cover Against the Threat of Costly TAX and VAT Investigations

Insurance to protect you against the cost of enquiry or dispute with HMRC is available from several sources including Solar Taxwise.

Ken Frost has negotiated a 10% discount on any polices that may suit your needs.

However, neither Ken Frost nor HMRCISSHITE either endorses or recommends their services.

What is TAXWISE?

TAXWISE is a tax-fee protection service that will pay up to £75,000 towards your accountant's fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs full enquiry or dispute.

To find out more, please use this link Taxwise



Tax Investigation for Dummies, by Nick Morgan, provides a good and easy to read guide for anyone caught up in an HMRC tax investigation. A must read for any Self Assessment taxpayer.

Click the link to read about: Tax Investigation for Dummies

HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

1 comment:

  1. If you are sure that you are eight and they are wrong get your MP involved straight away and also consider reporting the matter to Margaret Hodge MP chair of the PAC Treasuary who already have their teeth well into HMRC.
    Don't be put off by their threats and if they hit you with an inncorrect and possibly illeegal fine - well, the door will be well and truly open for you.
    Incompetance in public office is the least that the Muppets are guilty of, and they know it.
    Stick to your guns chum!

    ReplyDelete