As the deadline for online filing is almost upon us, there will be taxpayers who miss the deadline and will face a fine.
Here are a list of "reasonable" excuses that HMRC will "consider" (but not necessarily accept) as mitigation against incurring a fine , as per the Telegraph:
• Your partner died shortly before the tax return or payment deadline
• You had an unexpected stay in hospital that prevented you from dealing with your tax affairs
• Your computer or software failed just before or while you were preparing your online return
• There were “service issues” with HMRC’s website
• A fire prevented you from completing your tax return
• Postal delays that you could not have predicted
Good luck to all who have yet to file!
Tax does have to be taxing.
Professional Cover Against the Threat of Costly TAX and VAT Investigations
Insurance to protect you against the cost of enquiry or dispute with HMRC is available from several sources including Solar Tax Investigation Insurance.
Ken Frost has negotiated a 10% discount on any polices that may suit your needs.
However, neither Ken Frost nor HMRCISSHITE either endorses or recommends their services.
What is Solar Tax Investigation Insurance?
Solar Tax Investigation Insurance is a tax-fee protection service that will pay up to £75,000 towards your accountant's fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs full enquiry or dispute.
To find out more, please use this link Solar Tax Investigation Insurance
HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"