Thursday 6 May 2010

The Election

The Election
No matter who wins today's election the ongoing decline in quality of service provided by HMRC will continue. There simply is not the will, nor understanding, in the minds of the politicians to simplify the tax system or to target resources more effectively at HMRC.

The other certaintly is, of course, that taxes will rise.

Tax does have to be taxing.

Professional Cover Against the Threat of Costly TAX and VAT Investigations

What is TAXWISE?

TAXWISE is a tax-fee protection service that will pay up to £75,000 towards your accountant's fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs full enquiry or dispute.

To find out more, please use this link Taxwise

Tax Investigation for Dummies, by Nick Morgan, provides a good and easy to read guide for anyone caught up in an HMRC tax investigation. A must read for any Self Assessment taxpayer.

Click the link to read about: Tax Investigation for Dummies

HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

5 comments:

  1. I have voted, to keep the Tories out where I live and therefore deprive them of a majority.

    Selfish I know, but I have done 22 years in HMRC and am planning to stay till retirement (unless they pay me off !).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What worries me is the reply I got from my current Tory MP when I asked if I would be replaced when I retire from HMRC (which I could this year,) despite my identifying an extra £0.5million in extra revenue for the Treasury last year - he said that they need to freeze Civil Service recruitment and the fact that revenue will not be collected as a result of this policy did not seem to bother him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Codger,

    I know where your coming from,

    Many moons ago I used to go out collecting unpaid tax, nowadays we cant afford the T&S to do it, so no wonder the amount of unpaid VAT has increased ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous @ 22.39

    your a man after my own heart.

    I have a manager with 6 years experience trying to persuade me, an old sweat with 22 years experience, that he knows better ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know of a grade 7 that came from outside over two years ago on a fixed term contract. This person had no management experience. That person then failed the killing fields selection exercise within HR created by the dear departed CW as it was all based on management expertise. That Grade 7 then told their team that "they did not claim to be a manager, they had no interest in being a manager and that they did not want to be a manager so they weren't that surprised." Guess what, instead of being laid off they have cosied up very nicely to the top brass and got a nice fat permanent contract.Others who failed the killing fields have been passed over for this person, who, it goes without saying, is still in a management position. I am glad to be out of it but I don't know why that team hasn't put in a grievance against the inept bully.Seriously folks, keep paying your taxes and we shall keep wasting it for you.

    ReplyDelete