Under such circumstances it is natural for people to feel despondent and stressed out. Thus Homer has sought divine help, in the form of a VIP service is to be held at Westminster Abbey on 23 September.
Apparently the service will be a vehicle used to recognise HMRC's work collecting revenue. Guests will include staff, civil servants and partners; they will participate in a service that will pay tribute to HMRC.
Apparently, according to HMRC's way of thinking, the service will boost staff morale!
Disregarding the fact that I personally don't believe in god, I would like to make a number of observations:
- In the event god exists, would he/she really want a religious service for a civil service department?
- I assume that some of the staff invited may not themselves believe in god, how then precisely does this help staff morale?
- Despite the fact that, according to the bible, "we should render unto Caesar what is Caesar's etc" (Mark 12:17) the bible wasn't quite pushing for us to worship tax collecting authorities.
- Is Homer so desperate (or deluded) that she believes that she is on a holy mission?
- God should be kept out of politics and the civil service (irrespective of the fact that we live in a country where the head of state is also head of the church).
Out of interest, has any loyal reader received an invitation to this event?
If so please could he/she drop me a line?
Tax does have to be taxing.
Professional Cover Against the Threat of Costly TAX and VAT Investigations
Insurance to protect you against the cost of enquiry or dispute with HMRC is available from several sources including Solar Tax Investigation Insurance.
Ken Frost has negotiated a 10% discount on any polices that may suit your needs.
However, neither Ken Frost nor HMRCISSHITE either endorses or recommends their services.
What is Solar Tax Investigation Insurance?
Solar Tax Investigation Insurance is a tax-fee protection service that will pay up to £75,000 towards your accountant's fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs full enquiry or dispute.
To find out more, please use this link Solar Tax Investigation Insurance
HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"