Wednesday 13 February 2008

Taxman Defrauds Taxman

Craig Gordon has gone on trial in Edinburgh, he is charged with defrauding HM Revenue and Customs out of more than £190K.

Craig Gordon, who denies the charge, used to work for HMRC at the Lothians 2 Area office in Broomhouse Drive between 2003 and 2004.

It is alleged that he set up a company named Capital Tax Services to receive the money, opened a bank account under a false name, and created false income tax repayment claims and processed them for repayment.

He is alleged to have obtained £190,448.20 by the fraud.

Gordon has lodged a special defence of incrimination, claiming that several other people were responsible for the acts not him.

This should be very interesting!

Tax does have to be taxing.

HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com) is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

1 comment:

  1. The lothians hmrc is the worst I've ever known! They are a shambles. I have told them that I am without work and caring for a disabled brother for which we claim no benefit at all. As a family we try hard not to be a drain on our economy and all I have asked for is most of what's owed to me in over paid taxes. It was requested on 01-04-09. I have since received a request of over 20 questions which I have answered. I have tried to make contact and tried speaking to the technician involved on the number she provided on her letter and no one can put me through to her? It's a disgrace and I'm still waiting!

    ReplyDelete